Saturday, August 20, 2011

Senior (Finally!)

Well folks, I made it. I am about to start my senior year in the modern dance program. In two short semesters I will have my BFA! As much as I hate Spring Semester, fall is quite fun. Here are a few good and bad things about fall semester 2011.

- My number one favorite thing about senior year in the modern program is that I do not have to take an improvisation class. As much as I know that it has helped me I can't help but still cringe and get a little nervous when I know that I have to improvise.

-If I get too burned out with technique, I can do alternative technique in the Spring. (Jazz! :)). I'm 75% sure I'll do it.

- I'm so excited to see all my dancer friends! Summer is a long time to go without seeing them.

- The least favorite thing (aka worst) is that I know it's only a matter of time before I get sick and stay sick until May. Something about dancing everyday, taking other classes, working, and lack of sleep makes my body hate me.

-Fall is fun in general! Pretty colors, football games, warm weather, haunted houses, and scary movies. (horror films are only okay September - October.)

-I get to choreograph a dance for the spring modern senior show. This is a good and bad thing. I finally can do whatever I want, but I'm scared at the same time.

Here's to an incredible final year! As happy as I will be when I graduate, I know I will miss it like crazy. I'm going to live it up the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment