Monday, July 2, 2012

Beach House Injury

Per request, I am going to blog about my little injury that happened in California.  I was going upstairs after a nice, relaxing day at the beach, walk into the beach house, turn to close the door and my toe got in the way.  Stupid door!  It hurt way worse than usual so I looked down to see my big toe nail hanging on by a thread.  My first instinct was to put it back and pretend it didn't happen.  A second later I realized that was not possible so I asked the people upstairs to get me a paper towel.  Apparently I didn't sound panicked, but I sure felt panicked.  Once I told them my toe nail came off and I saw my brother and sister coming to my rescue I began to freak out more.  I started shaking, and once I hopped up the stairs with brothers help I started to feel very light headed.  It was very terrifying to see my toe nail lying next to my foot instead of on my toe.  and it hurt really bad.  My brother in law Mark cleaned it up (bless his heart because my toe was disgusting) while my other brother in law Mark documented the whole thing.

I was hot, then cold. Hence the wash cloth on my head and blanket.

In shock.  you can see straight up my nose.  Ignore that. 

Ouch


It came off all in one piece.  Impressive, I guess.  

Clean-up


This was the next day.  Still disgusting.
Now my toe only hurts a little and is starting to heal!  I'm a little nervous about how my toe nail will grow back, and I hear it takes a few months.  I hope by  my wedding it will at least be semi-normal!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for indulging me! :) I'll be expecting regular updates!!

    ReplyDelete